1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] I.E 6.0 Address bar in just freaky

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by melchizedek, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. melchizedek

melchizedek Thread Starter

I usually use Mozilla...but have to use Internet Explorer to retrieve updates and do some online stuff that requires the extra security. Anyway....a few days ago I noticed that my address bar has moved. Usually I have my drop downs at the top...my standard buttons below that and at the bottom my address bar. So there are usually three tiers.

However...now, for some unfathomable reason, my address bar has snuck up to the second tier...making it incredibly long. There is now no third tier. I can either view my standard buttons...or access my address bar by clicking the arrow at the end on the standard buttons bar and moving the bar along. Then the standard buttons are out of shot and have to be made visible again by a similar process of clicking arrows.

Most annoying.

Anyone got any idea of what's going on and how I can get my Address bar back to its original position ? It's there...just not where it was. Same goes for in Explorer too....sheesh...whatever next ???

I use I.E 6.0.

cheers mel :)

2. mobo

mobo

First right click on the browser bar and verify it is unlocked. Then bring your cursor to the farthest point on each bar where you will see a small line. Hang the cursor over it til it changes shape then click and drag downward.

3. melchizedek

Thanks a lot Motherboard.....if only all things in life were so simple.

:)

Cheers....mel

4. mobo

mobo

I take it you have it solved and if so please click on the report button and ask for the thread to be marked as solved.

5. melchizedek

oops...sorry...forgot :0

Thanks again :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice