1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED} IE5: want to view full URL in status bar

Discussion in 'Archive: Windows 95/98/Me' started by roesing, Jan 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roesing

roesing Thread Starter

In my status bar when I mouse over a link on a WWW page, IE5 shows me something like "shortcut to index.html", rather than the full URL (for example, "http://europe.cnn.com/index.html"). I used to be able to see the full URL...and I don't think I changed any IE5 settings recently. Any ideas for viewing the full URL in the status bar on mouseovers, instead of the "shortcut to..."?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Sofia, Bulgaria

2. roesing

roesing Thread Starter

SOLVED. After days of searching for the solution to this, I posted the question here...shortly after which I found the answer! :)

It's in Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Show Friendly URLs. A "friendly URL", apparently, is one that doesn't actually include the URL, but just "shortcut to index.html". Fixed it.

Rich

3. LarryCore

LarryCore

Thanks for letting us know that you solved it, and how. Now we all know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/39470