1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Image ICONS have changed???

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by BigDaveinNJ, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDaveinNJ

BigDaveinNJ Thread Starter

I noticed that all of my ICONs for IMAGES in my folders have changed to one that looks like a WINDOWS FLAG.... instead of the usual icons.

Also... I used to view my folder as a web page... and as soon as I hovered over the ICON the image would preview... almost instantly.

Now... although it is still set-up to view as a web page..... when I hover the preview takes longer to appear...... and even says Generating Preview..... and it takes awhile.

Why have my icons changed like this? What does that windows flag icon mean and why is everything so slow? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

DAVID

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Are the images associated with the default Windows programs for opening them? IExplore for gifs and jpegs, MSPaint for bmps?

Try selecting one, (highlight) and then shift+right click. Select "open with" then scroll to and select the default program for opening. Check "always use" and OK. Does that correct the problem?

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

PM from BigDave:

Thanks for the info........
    Thanks for your reply. Evidently... in the process of trying new Image editors, viewers etc.... installing, uninstalling and what not... my file associations became out of whack so I went back to my old image program... ULEAD PHOTO-IMPACT and set it as the default image viewer... rebooted... and all is fine. Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice