(Resolved) Increase Broadband Connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, Possibly, yes....could you read through this post, it contains a link from Frank Lavalee that looks very interesting....then, from his site, he gives a link to Speedguide page where you can tweak your system to improve performance with cable/DSL.....some good reviews of hardware there, too. http://forums.techguy.org/t116538/s.html

edit- I see it's already posted....start tweaking!

antares

Hmm. I'm looking over the patches now, and I can not find which one to use. These are the ones, which are for Reg., that match my OS:

sguide_tweak_2k.zip

sguide_tweak_2k_pppoe.zip

sguide_default_2k.zip

Which one to use?

antares

Also, how do I backup my registry? Because if I want to download there patches, I have to do so.

Originally posted by antares:
Hmm. I'm looking over the patches now, and I can not find which one to use. These are the ones, which are for Reg., that match my OS:

sguide_tweak_2k.zip

sguide_tweak_2k_pppoe.zip

sguide_default_2k.zip

Which one to use?
What they are...

sguide_tweak_2k = generic optimization for win2K registry

sguide_tweak_2k_pppoe = If your connection calls for an actual login using PPPOE. some use it some don't

sguide_default_2k = resets the registery back to the Windows Defaults.

Hope that clears it up a bit!

So, if you have to "Log IN" to your DSL connection with a username & password, use the PPPOE, If not, then use the first one!

Good Luck!

ST

antares

Thanks for the info, ST!

Also, can you help me figure out how to backup my Registry. I don't know how to do it. :(

Thanks!

Then if you want to make sure things will be fine...

Click on Start--Programs--Accessories--System Tools--"Systemm Restore"
Choose "create a restore point" and it will make a snapshot of your system that you can revert to!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online