1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}intel mb????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by qei, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qei

qei Thread Starter

Have a new system with Intel d850gbal with P4 1.5 cpu. It runs fine except that it comes up looking for an unknown device and a PCI System Management Bus and cannot locate the drivers ANYWHERE. Have tried the MB install disk and the Win98SE disk and everywhere else I can think of. Have let them install and they come up in device manager as problem devices but do not seem to cause any conflict, but customer wants them taken care of. One of the techs here seems to remember seeing this before and thinks that the unknown device turned out to be an intel firmware hub device. I have tried searching the intel site but cannot find anything there either. Has anyone seen this before????? Got any ideas???!!!

2. brianF

brianF

3. qei

qei Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I did download this and eventually got the devices loaded with drivers. Had to search for the files though--finally found them in the Windows\Temp\Remove\Win98SE\......
    There is obviously some kind of glitch with the Intel MB since this is the second one I have seen recently with the same issue. Luckily, the next time I will know what I am looking for. Wonder why there is nothing listed on the Intel site regarding this issue??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice