1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) Invalid page faults and errors galore

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Drex, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bandit429

bandit429

Ms view is gone ,,hows the puter?

2. Drex

Drex Thread Starter

With every good thing there is a bad thing...or something like that.

Here are 2 more errors, plus I just got that "Error report" thing again. Do you know what I'm talking about...where it asks if you want to send a report to Microsoft???

VSECOMR caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

3CMLNKW caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

What next?

3. bandit429

bandit429

One is macafee,,VSECOMR

The other is your modem program 3CMLNKW

Do you have the cd for your modem?? Uninstall and reinstall.

Hang on a bit for macafee thats a touchy program and I want to be sure about what to do.

4. freecho

freecho

this sounds very remedial but is easily checked and easily ruled out. i read somewhere that when you boot up fine and all of a sudden after 10-15 minutes you freeze or get many errors to look at the fan. perhaps the fan broke and your system is overheating. it's probably not that because life is never that simple but just check to see if you hear the fan or feel it blowing in the back of your pc.

5. Drex

Drex Thread Starter

You know I tried that when I was messing with the "RAM sticks." I do hear it. I blew out the dust with one of those air cans. Still hear it though. Any other suggestions or should I just replace it? If so, where do I get one?

6. Drex

Drex Thread Starter

Would overheating really cause all of these errors and problems though?

7. Del

Del

Overheating can cause all kinds of problems, including buring up your processor.

8. bandit429

bandit429

Go to the control panel and double click the modem to see which one it is and then re-install that modem.

Yes overheating can cause problems,,but there usually all different sorts of errors,, you have had the macafee error since the beginning,, the way to test that is to uninstall and reinstall the modem program.. You can uninstall in the control panel add\remove programs,then in the device manager remove the modem from the list. Your modem is probably going to be a 3com US robotics modem.

Did'nt you install the modem?

http://www.all-windows.com/kernel32_03.html

9. Drex

Drex Thread Starter

Yes I did install this one, and yes it is a U.S. Robotics Faxmodem PCI. I will re-install software tomorrow. Thanks guys.

10. bandit429

bandit429

I thought you did,, I bought one to a while back..still working on macafee,, I guess if the modem error goes away you could do the same with macafee,,,if it goes bad we could do a system restore, but let us know before so we can be sure you have a good backup.

11. Drex

Drex Thread Starter

I'm just afraid if I uninstall the modem software, I won't be able to get back on-line. That can't happen will it?

My McAfee however is from 99. I've been updating the dats but it's still an old version, I don't know if that matters....

12. bandit429

bandit429

I remember that the modem was hard to install,, I think I had to try 3 or 4 times. The software isn't all that great, but if you did it once you can do it again. Be sure macafee is disabled before you start.

The macafee that I was worried about is an older version,,and it seems like the uninstall was not complete, I think it only surfaced as a problem when a computer was switched over to Norton,, I think. Its been a while.

13. Drex

Drex Thread Starter

All,

Uninstalled and reinstalled the modem software as requested. I had no problems yesterday after being on for almost 3 hours so I did not try anything then. But today came on and had immediate problems. I think the MSMIN errors stopped but still was getting the blue screen errors (you know which ones I mean). So now we'll try this and see what happens.
    Except now I can hear my modem dialing when before it was perfectly silent, any way to adjust that (no big deal if not)?
    So what's the next step? Is there anything else I should run or whatever...or should we just wait? Thanks.

Mike "Drex"

14. Drex

Drex Thread Starter

Oops, just got these again....is reinstalling Windows 98 an option??

"Invalid VxD dynamic link call from VFAT(01) + 00009D7E to device "02DA," service E857. Your windows configuration is invalid. Run the windows setup program again to correct this problem."
    AND
    "An exception OE has occurred at 0028:C0005338 in VxD VMM(01) + 00004338. The currect application will be terminated."

15. bandit429

bandit429

Mike,

that probably is serious,, you don't usually get vfat errors unless something is wrong with the filing system itself,, I just got home and now I do not have an idea,,,not thinking clearly but I'll be back or someone else may have an idea,,til then

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice