1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] ipe.exe {jpg reassociation}

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Bonneee, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bonneee

Bonneee Thread Starter

When I try to open any jpg file, I get a message that says it cannot locate missing ipe.exe file and the purpose of that file is to open jpgs. Do I have to redownload that exe. or what do I do. I cannot view any jpgs with out this exe. file. where would I get this download if it is possible to get it at all. Help.
    Thanks

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Do you have something called IPhotoExpress made by a company called Ulead installed on the PC? If so, reinstall it and that should fix the problem.

Or you should be able to just use InternetExplorer to view .jpg files. Try this and see if it fixes it. First be sure you don't have any instances of Internet Explorer open. Then click on the folllowing,

Start>Settings>ControlPanel>InternetOptions.

Now click on the "Programs" tab. Now at the bottom, select "Internet Explorer should check to see if it's the default..." and click on Apply and then OK.

Now start IE and when prompted, click on Yes to make IE your default. That should reset the file associations.

Now try to open a .jpg

Let us know what happens. If that doesn't work, there are other ways to reassociate a file manually.

3. HKEd

HKEd

Hi Bonneee...try this:

Highlight a JPG file by clicking on it, then right-click on it while holding down the Shift key. Select the "Open with" option on the menu. Click on Iexplore, or whatever your viewer is, and put a check in the "Always open..." box.

BTW, ipe.exe is a Ulead program.

*Edit* - sheesh Bryan, you're up early. :)

4. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    That's actually good because you gave her the other option to reassociate it manually so she has everything she needs now.

Thanks ...

5. Bonneee

Bonneee Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I'll try it and let you know. The sound you hear is a sigh of relief.:D

6. Bonneee

Bonneee Thread Starter

HKEd, thank you, you are brilliant. I did as you said and it worked like a charm. I appreciate your time very much.
    Bonneee

:D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice