[Resolved] Java script error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shane

When trying to play certain games at the MSN Gaming Zone, the loading stops and a Java script
error notice comes up. It says Java script error
NullPointer Exception.

This is with Win 95 using Netscape.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi shane i cant find anything about Nullpointer exception, can you give me the exact error message and any other details such as , which game you are trying to play when does this error come up?

Shane, I couldn't get your first link to load; I did edit the second one, but don't see anything unusual on it's loading other than a flurry of ads.

It may be a Netscape problem which I believe uses a different form of java.

If you are using any ad blocking software, even though I didn't see any pop-ups, it would be a good idea to disable it for a test.

Shane

Mr. Rollin :),

One thing I didn't mention, is that this started
just recently . Their was never any problem before
on these same games.

Could I have done something to cause this?

Their has been no new programs added.

If it is just occuring on some games, I'm still inclined to think it is a problem at their end, perhaps associated with a particular server. It's like any other script error you can get on some sites. 9 out of 10 times it is due to some change they made.

Have you tried contacting them?

Shane

Hi Rog,

Apparently the problem was on their end. A page now comes
up saying my browser is not supported ( Netscape 4 ) and support for Net 6 is under construction they suggest using
Exp. I downloaded Ex 5.5 and problem solved.

Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear it's sorted. A lot of sites are getting more picky about browsers; they are just too lazy to keep them fully compatible, which I'm sure they could if they wanted. Oh well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online