[Resolved] Java

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

djchiasson

I am trying to access some secure pages (like AOL online billing help) and i get a "you need to activate java technologies to access this page"
Any ideas to that

Dan

djchiasson

I tried the link and it said that it was downloaded succesfully( i think it was already on)
when i try to access aol billing help live chat the message is still "you will need to activate java technologies in your internet browser to use netagent"

i also try my american express account and it wont let me in there but i am not 100% they are related problems

djchiasson

i went to the link and it says that i am javascript enabled but not javaapplet enabled

Bryan

Bryan
In Internet Explorer click on Tools>InternetOptions. Then click on the Security tab. Now click on "Custom Level" and make sure "Scripting of Java Applets" is Enabled ... Or just click on "Default Level" and reset it back to the defaults.

djchiasson

I have verified that java applets is enabled and retried the link above and it still says that i cannot see java appletts. i understand that everything i read about this points me to internet explorer but why does AOL give me the headache, aren't they their own browser?

Bryan

Bryan
I wasn't sure if you were using the AOL browser or not. You don't have to use their browser. You can just connect to AOL, minimize the AOL screen and then start IE and browse simply using the AOL connection. Is there anyway you can try thoses sites using IE and see if you can connect?

If not and if you're using the AOL browser, are there settings in it to set the security permissions for Java? I've never had AOL so I wouldn't know. Maybe someone else with AOL will know ...

djchiasson

i found the problem to be, that when i downloaded the java service pack, macafee corrupted it because on of the signitures was not correct. when i tried to download java again it interrogated my system and saw that it was already installed. since i still couldn't see java installed under the advanced tab in internet options, i went to uninstall java, then reinstalled it and walla, the system now works.

thanks for all your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online