1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}juno

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lilaco, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

am having a problem with juno e-mail.....whenever i'm sent a .jpg attachment it will only open in wordpad and the picture does not appear. have never had this problem with previous computers. HELP !!!!

HERB

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Save it>highlight it>hold down the shift key and right click>choiose open with and select the program you want to use to view it>at the bottom of the open with box there should be a place to select "always open with this program".

3. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

doyce, you probably have the right answer but i can't follow your instructions. i receive the message....i hit show attachments....i hit the .jpg attachments and i then have the choice of opening the file, saving it to disk. if i hit save to disk....where do i save it in?? if i hit open file....i get word pad. ...i highlight the message and if i hold down the shift key & rt. click it doesn't give me the pull-down menu to choose open with. i'm lost.
    would it help if you call me @5613913820 or i call you to walk me through it??? or give me further instructions by e-m.
    thanks for your interest.

herb

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

When you hit save it will open a box that will allow you to cruise anywhere you want and save. Click the down arrow next to the save in box>choose my document>click th little folder with the sparkles on it (create new folder)>type whatever you want to call it>click open and it should be saved. Then you can go to your desktop>open my computer>cruise to where the folder is>highlight it with one left click>hold the shift key and right click.

5. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

doyce, after doing this, will it now be the default for further .jpg files or do i have to go thru this each & everytime i receive subsequent .jpg's???

herb

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

It should default if you clicked that "open with this program everytime" box. Let me know.

7. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

doyce, followed your last instructions but when i get to tell it what program i want to open it with....the "always open with this program" doesn't allow me to x it.

do i open it with juno or internet explorer.

sorry to keep bothering you.

herb

8. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Niether. Use a photo or picture program like mspaint or ms photo editor. You can play around with trying different options to open it, just make sure you dont have the box checked until you find the one you want. Its no big deal if you do, just do the shift+right click thing again.

No bother. :)

9. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

doyce, solved the problem. control panel>folder options>file types>jpg. click on jpg and the stupid thing says jpg is set to open with wordpad.....changed it and jpeg to image preview. problem solved.
    next problem ......what should jbk files normally open to???right now it shows wordpad and the same gobble-di-gook appears.

herb

10. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Well, now dont I feel foolish. Its been so long I had totally forgotten about that.

Not a clue on the jbk. Cant find much on it except programs to download to view it that I have never heard of. Is it a business thing? Try Excel or Adobe. If you have a Yahoo account try that. It will read almost anything.

11. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

doyce, re jbk......when i was having trouble with .jpg i thought i might want to re-install juno & so i made a back-up copy of my address book and put it to a desktop icon. having solved the .jpg problem, i still want to read the back-up.

i'll try adobe & excel and see if it works. if they don't, i'll forget about it.

herb

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice