1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{Resolved} - Kmode_Exception_Not_handled

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Gman, Mar 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gman

Gman Thread Starter

I am trying to install windows NT 4.0 on a workstation.

Everytime I get it installed, I install a couple apps (Procom Plus and Eudora), it gives me the error above after I boot up.

I have nothing else on this computer. I have tried it with SP5 and SP6a with the patch, and it still does the same thing!!!!!!

Microsoft site is not help on this issue.

I would greatly appreciate some help on this one!

Thanks,

Chris.

2. Reuel Miller

Reuel Miller

Greetings

The ProComm software.. is it designed for Windows NT? Or did it run on Win95 and you think it should run under NT? Same with each app...

Best thing to do, is Install NT from a freshly reformatted drive. Then install one app, and reboot. Logon and test the software to see that it works. Then reboot again. Then install the next app. Then reboot. Logon and test the software to see that it works. Then reboot again. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

When you find the App that is the offending one, try look for the NT version of this app.

Cheers

------------------
    Reuel Miller
    Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased :) )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

3. LarryCore

LarryCore

I run Eudora just fine, so it certainly works with NT. Don't know about Procomm though.

What version of Eudora? I am using 4.3 Pro.

4. Gman

Gman Thread Starter

Hello and thank you for your response!

Actually, it happened after I installed Eudora, which I know many of our coworkers here use on NT. While I rebooted between installs, I suppose it still could be from Procomm (which is a rudimentary communications package with apps like Telnet, Ftp, Fax etx). I also know that this version runs on other PC's in the office (like mine, for example. I have both apps on my NT box).

Any other ideas?

Happy st. Patty's day and Thanks.

chris.

[This message has been edited by Reuel Miller (edited 03-18-2000).]

5. Gman

Gman Thread Starter

I am using Eudora 4.1. AS I stated above, I know that my machine, which runs NT4.0 with sp6a (+patch), handles both of these very nicely. They are both supposed to work on NT... I was even wondering if the problem was hardware related... It is very frustrating!!

Thanks for your input!

Chris.

[This message has been edited by Reuel Miller (edited 03-18-2000).]

6. LarryCore

LarryCore

A few more questions...

Did you run and reboot NT a few times before installing the aps? If so, it is very unlikely that it is hardware. If not, you should. Just play with Paint or WordPad or something.

This error - is it a blue screen, or just in a window that you can OK your way out of?

7. Gman

Gman Thread Starter

It is a blue screen memory dump.

[This message has been edited by Reuel Miller (edited 03-20-2000).]

8. Reuel Miller

Reuel Miller

Greetings

This is sounding like a hardware problem.

Do you have mixed memory SIMMs? How old is the PC, maybe the power supply needs to be changed...

Maybe it's the modem that the ProComm software is connectiong to...

Cheers

------------------
    Reuel Miller
    Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased :) )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

9. Gman

Gman Thread Starter

Well, thanks everyone for your input, I sincerely appreciate it.

I think that I have come to that conclusion too, Reuell(sp?). It was an old machine (killer in its time, but something of a dog now). We just stripped it down for parts, and we are ordering her a new one. Something was definitely wrong. I tried loading up 98 again, and it crashed everytime I ran it for more than a minute. It certainly isn't worth the company time to keep messing with it!

Thanks again, guys, for all your help.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reuel Miller:
    Greetings

This is sounding like a hardware problem.

Do you have mixed memory SIMMs? How old is the PC, maybe the power supply needs to be changed...

Maybe it's the modem that the ProComm software is connectiong to...

Cheers

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/28459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice