1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) kodak software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by boadie, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

os -xp home - system administrator. cannot install kodak easyshare software. tried it on another computer it installed. had it installed once and then uninstalled it.it goes as far as asking me what language,then goes back to my desktop and quits. can install other software with no problem. it's legal, came with my camera.:confused:

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Which version are you using?
    The Kodak FAQ says only the old version is compatible with XP.

3. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

i'm using version 2.0 had it installed once before and used it.

4. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme

do you have any error message or it jsut goes back to the desktop and sits there? I have 2.1 on my XP and have had no problems

5. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

receive no error message ,just goes back to the desktop,when i try to install from explore it gives me the message : the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. i log on as the admin. i'm the only user.

6. suzi

suzi

You said you had it installed once before and used it - that was on the same computer? Why are you having to install it again? Did you reformat, or do a re-install without formatting? Or did you uninstall the previous software?

The reason I'm asking is that if you reinstalled, the old program files might be there under the old computer admin name and "owned" by that name instead of yours. Try looking around in your program files for any of the software files from when you had it previously installed. Look if it is in the add/remove programs list. If it is, uninstall it. If you find files from the old installation like in the program files but no add/remove option, try deleting them.

When you say it just goes back to the desktop, what do you mean? The install program just quits? or what?

Look around and see if you find any files/folders from the previous time you had the software installed. Post back with your findings. If there are old files there, it might be preventing the new install for some reason. It might be necessary to go into safe mode and check permissions and ownership of the old files if they are there.

I might be 180 degress off track, but it can't hurt to look around.

7. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

why i uninstalled version 2.0 was to download the newer version 2.1 which 2.1 asked me to do.version 2.1 would not work.it seemed like it had no picture transfer software. i couldn't add pictures from my folders or my camera to my collection in my easyshare software.when i tried to install version 2 this happened. ifound files in programs , deleted them ,still nothing.searched all other places for kodak files and found none.it's frustrating, when i can install other software and not this one.the cd is good,tested it on another computer:confused:

8. suzi

suzi

Did you uninstall version 2.1?

The only thing I can think of is that there are still entires in the registry that are preventing it from installing - but that's just a guess. I'm not not knowledgble about ther registry at all, so I can't advise you there.

Hopefully someone else will have an answer for you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

9. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

yes i uninstalled version 2.1 . i don't think i want to play with the registry files. this is areal doozy,thanks for trying to help .

10. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

Just my two cents worth.

I downloaded and installed version 2.1 myself. The wed site said it would work with my camera (Kodak DC280) or card reader. I couldn't get it to detect either one. A friend of mine is running XP and she bought the new Kodak camera with the docking station and she couldn't get it to work either. Since her camera had internal memory and no card she had no way to retrive her photos. She ended up returning all of it. She bought a different camera that had a card reader with it and installed Microsofts PictureIt software and has been happy ever since.

11. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

i have a dx4330 with docking station , and my os is xp home.the software it came with , which is version 2.0,worked fine,until i uninstalled it,and tried version 2.1.with the 2.1 version ,i don't believe it has piture transfer software.

12. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme

I have exactly the same.....dx4330 with 2.1 and XP and all works great..put it in docking station...hit the transfer button and all pictures download to harddrive...you must install the software before hooking up the camera or it can cause problems...did you do this?

13. boadie

boadie Thread Starter

just downloaded version 2.1, and everything works fine. thanx to everyone that helped. igave up on the 2.0 cd , but still don't know why it doesn't install:)

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice