1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Left Click File Downloads from Websites

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Luthorcrow, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luthorcrow

Luthorcrow Thread Starter

Another basic Wk2 Sp3 question.

Prior to my fresh install when I left clicked on a link on a website for a file download, it would default to a save screen. Now when I left click it defaults to open. In order to save I have to right click and save as target.

Anyone know where the settings are for this to adjust it?

Thanks

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    If my memory serves me correctly, you need to select the setting, "Confirm After Download" for "URL Hyper Text Transfer" file type. I don't have W2K in front of me but in XP you'd select "Folder Options" from the ControlPanel and then click on the "File Types" tab. Then scroll down to that particular file type and then click on "Advanced" to select the "Confirm After Download" setting.

Let us know if you're abale to locate the setting.

If modifying that setting for that file type doesn't work, then check the settings for the particular file type your downloading and be sure the "Confirm After Download" is also selected for that specific file type, i.e. .exe, .zip, etc .....

BTW, you should also be able to get to the FolderOptions>FileTypes settings from any Windows Explorer window by clicking on Tools>Fodler Options.

3. Luthorcrow

Luthorcrow Thread Starter

Hi Bryan,

Thanks that had been my first guess but the option hadn't looked right. That's what I get for not experimenting. Ya, the steps are exactly the same in Wk2.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice