(Resolved) logitech wheel mouse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

greymatter

:confused:
I used to have the logitech USB mouse running however recently I had to reinstall the operating system. Files such as 'Lmouse.vxd' and 'logi_mwx.exe' are not being found. I went online and found the 'LMouse' one but cant find the next one and who knows how many after that. I installed win 95 with win98se upgrade, and those files arent present. I have downloaded the driver upgrade, it didnt help. I do have a mouse conflict however, When I first installed it last time both mice still worked until I resolved the conflict. I dont know what to do now.
You would understand, my frusterated is because the port for my old mouse is not functioning properly and to try moving the pointer across a page can take anywhere from 10 second to a minute as it keeps freezing .I dont have that problem with the USB. so instead of working out the port problem, I bought the USB mouse.

you will need to uninstall the mouse and install the drivers first....then reboot and let windoze find the mouse.
it should do the trick;)

That mouse should work without any extra software. It sounds like you got a bad install of part of the OS. I just installed w2k on my new machine yesterday and the Logitec optical mouse works fine without special software.

greymatter, those look like Logitec drivers. I don't have them on my machine either. Do a search for "mouse" on your C: drive and see if anything turns up. You're probably going to have to try a reinstall of 98 over itself to see if that'll clear things up.

greymatter

:D Thank you all for your help. I had to reinstall the OS.
The drivers werent comming up on a Rom search so I asumed they didnt exist. but its all good now!
Now I just have to figure out how to get this post off. hehe!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online