1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Maxtor 60gig H/D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FlaFoci, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FlaFoci

FlaFoci Thread Starter

Just a quick question, besides the jumpers what else will I need to do to install a Maxtor 60Gig H/D on a Win2K system ?
    I already have a Maxtor 30Gig in there now, is there any certian order I need to plug the H/D on the ribbon cable

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Do you want the new one to be a slave drive? Or are you going to replace the 30 gig with this one and use the 30 gig as a slave drive?

3. FlaFoci

FlaFoci Thread Starter

The 30 will stay as the master and the 60 will be a slave, I'm going to use the 60 for all my games, MP3's and the work I do with Photosho/Flash5

4. ~Candy~

First you'll need to fdisk, partition (if you're going to) and format the drive.....then you'll jumper it as slave......it doesn't matter whether it's first on the cable or second.....as long as it's jumpered correctly, it will show up as the slave drive. You'll then need to enter the bios setup of your computer to 'tell' it about your new toy.

5. FlaFoci

FlaFoci Thread Starter

Thanks AcaCandy, I get the new drive Monday and I'll follow what you have told me. :D

6. FlaFoci

FlaFoci Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I followed your advice and now I have a Maxtor 60gig H/D partitioned and split in half.

Again thanks.

7. ~Candy~

Great, thanks for letting us know the outcome! :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice