[Resolved] Missing .dll file (MSVBVM60.DLL )

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skyman

When I log on to the internet I get this message:

A required .dll file not found.

MSVBVM60.DLL

I just X the message out and everything keeps going.

How can I remedy this?

Thanks....

skyman

The file is a part of Visual Basic 6 runtime files and should be in the windows\system directory if you have VB6 installed.

You could do a search for the file on the net and download a copy to place there; or perhaps better yet to make sure it gets registered properly and you have the full complement of VB6 files, install or reinstall them using the vbrun60.exe install available through this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q192/4/61.ASP

Save it to a target folder of your choice, then double click it to install.

Do a search for the file. It should be in Windows\system
If it's there, go to start>run and type this. Press enter:

regsvr32 msvbvm60.dll

That will reregister the file. You should get a message after you execute the command.
Otherwise, you are going to need to Download and install it. It is the Visual Basic Virtual Machine. any program written in Visual Basic 6 needs this file to run properly. There are several versions and one of those comes with WinME I believe. What version of WIndows are you using?
You can download it here. I am not sure which version this is.
http://www.milori.com/developer/runtimes/

skyman

Thanks for your help.

I used the vbrun60.exe and reinstalled and things are working fine now.

skyman

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts