1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) Missing .dll file not missing!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cwilmot, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

I am using a photographic program "Shutterfly". Lately when I click on the desktop shortcut I get an error message which reads"The QT.dll file cannot be located."
    Going to Search it tells me that it is in another file. However, when I go to that file I don't find it there. What gives? Chuck Wilmot

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Chuck
    I am not familiar with the program shutterfly but when you do the search on the QT.dll are there multiple locations listed for it. What may have happened is the pointers for the file are corrupt.
    Does shutterfly have a program folder for it and is the file listed in there or is that where it points to. If no file can be found you may have to uninstall and reinstall shutterfly in order to recreate the QT.dll file.
    Dave

3. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

Dave, Thanks for the prompt response. I think that is exactly what I should do: uninstall and reinstall Shutterfly. That's the route I'm going to take. Thanks, again. Chuck

4. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

Davey, I resolved this problem merely by reinstalling CallWave. Thanks for your interest in helping me with it. Chuck

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

Chuck
    Call Waiting software interfering with Graphic uploading software.
    Never would of made the connection. Glad you got it fixed!
    Dave

6. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

Davey, I'm sorry, I mislead you. No, the reinstallation of CallWave and the reinstallation of Shutterfly resolved their respective problems but were totally independent of each other. Chuck

7. Davey7549

Davey7549

Chuck
    Thanks for the clarification. Although some programs you would think are totally unrelated to eachother can cause conflicts with eachother. I recently had one that caused spool32 errors in <unknown> when I opened MS PhotoDraw 2000 and it ended up being a small program Simply Transparent (which removes the background color of desktop Icon writing) that conflicted on startup with spool32.
    Anyway Glad you got it fixed!
    Dave

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice