1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Missing System INI file warning screen on bootup

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Filewasp, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

Good news, I simply turned the system off, opened the unit and unplugged the cables from the cdrw. I booted back up without it, shut down and reconnected it. It now shows up in device manager. No exclamation marks anywhere. Rollin'Rog thank you for your attentive response! I now need to find some good software to recognize the burner. None installed. Thanks again for the help. Will not report this solved for now, although it looks good.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Great, I will mark this "resolved". If you need help with the burner software search, perhaps the folks in All Other Software might make some recommendations. Myself, I've only used the default Roxio/Adaptec wares that came with my XP box.

3. Styxx

Styxx Banned

4. LisaM

LisaM

Thrilled to find this thread since I am getting the same exact warning screen upon bootup. I recently uninstalled Zone Alarm since my newly installed cable modem would not work with ZA on the computer. Here is my big question: I am really not thrilled about the idea of editing the Registry even with Rog's excellent instructions. Can I simply leave the error message which occurs on bootup and follow its instructions to press any key to continue? My computer seems to be working fine once I get past the error message.

Thanks!

5. Sid9678

Sid9678

6. LisaM

LisaM

"Good" as in "it is okay to leave the error message and follow its instructions"? I'm afraid that, by playing around with the Registry, I may screw things up even worse.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice