1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] mmsystem002 error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jettramel, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jettramel

jettramel Thread Starter

I have been editing some scanner traffic during the Space shuttle recovery mission. Mostly Sheriff deputies and Firemen answering calls about Shuttle debris. I was using a shareware program called cdwave. Now when I access the program I get this message

mmsystem 002 A device ID has been used that is out of the range for your system

I have tried to open these wav files with other wav editors and they will not open, could you please tell me what I did wrong? I would like to edit out the boring stuff and make one cd of my local emergency responders getting and acting on calls about wreckage of the Space Shuttle. Thanks

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. jettramel

jettramel Thread Starter

Rollin ' Rog Hey you did again, if you dont know the anser you konw where to find it. Thanks. I added this string in System.ini ( drivers =mmsystem.dll ) I dont know what it does but it worked. Could you tell me what it does and how you could loose it. Thanks for your help once again.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Well I'll be. Although I'm very familiar with article for that, I've never seen it associated with an mmsystem002 error.

I've forgotten where I've seen the explanation, but that entry is necessary to tell Windows to use the standard mmsystem codecs when running multimedia files. I have no idea what removed it.

5. jettramel

jettramel Thread Starter

Hey Rog, Can P2P ports be hacked into while you are downloading, i pissed some body off who knows some hackers and I have been anticipating an attack, I have recieved several emails containing viruses. I am running ZoneAlarm, but I wonder if over night while uploading or downloading am I still open to someone coming through the normal ports for P2P transfrers, or for that through Internet Exployer. It is a question that has been floating around in my head for a while. I just wonder if that is possible, I am pretty green on security matters. thanks for your help

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I have not seen anyone ask that here or complain of it and I certainly can't answer it authoritatively -- however I think it's probably an unrealistic fear even if someone is "out to get" you. But you might want to post the question in the Security forum and see if anyone there can rule it out completely.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice