[Resolved] modem noise

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

donny

I heard there is a way to silence the noise your modem makes as it logs on to internet, also I can't get my mouse to function at a 1 clik select, I went to control panel and mouse settings could not find anything for a click.
any help will be greatley apprerciated,
thanks.
Donny

I'm not sure about the noisy modem, but there should be a check box somewhere in settings to turn off the internal speaker. As for the single mouse click option, select the start menu, settings, folder options, click on "Custom, based on your settings" and then select settings. The bottom option lets you choose single or double click.

The modem

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Modem select properties and there should be a setting on the General tab for modem volume setting. If that does not work select the Connection tab Advanced button and in the Extra Setting box enter ATM0 (that a zero not the letter o) which tell the modem to set volume to none.

donny

Thanks a bunch, I knew there was a way, it works just fine.
Donny

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online