1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Monitor driver problem with video card.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cswebman, Feb 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cswebman

cswebman Thread Starter

Hello all! I just re-formatted my system. Win 95/200mhz 64 ram. I have an Iomagic video card and downloaded the drivers, but when I restart, the screen stays blank. I believe it is my monitors refresher rate. My default setting now is standard display adapter vga. Problem is I dont know what kind of monitor this is!!!!!! It was one of those no-names that I got at an office store. It had one page of instructions, and that I can not find. No name on the back of it or anywhere else I see. Is there a site that has generic drivers that I can get more than the basic 16 colors I now do? The drivers on my win95 cd do nothing. Is this even my problem, or am I way off? As usual, thanks for the help! Mike. :)

2. brianF

brianF

go to display properties, settings, advanced, adapter, choose adapter default rather than optimal.

Are you sure you have the right drivers

sorry editted my mistake above

3. active95

active95

if you bought the monitor in the US then on the back or somewere you should see a FCC ID number. WIth that in hand get to the www.fcc.gov and choose the Search ID link , That should tell you who made your monitor and then look for a driver. If you need to get a generic drive , from Display settings change the monitor to a SVGA or 15" or whatever the screen size is .

4. cswebman

cswebman Thread Starter

Thanks all! That FCC tip did the trick! This site is the best there is for help and learning something new all the time! Have a good week-end! MIke. ;)

5. active95

active95

Once in a great while the goverment does something nice for the people :D , lol

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/68214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice