1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Monitor messed up on restart...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by r00ted, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. r00ted

r00ted Thread Starter

Okay.....I came home from college today, my bro was playing the computer and said it "crashed" I dont know how or by what, but like there was nothjing in the systray...sooo I rebooted, well, it gets thru the BIOS fine, then it shows the WIndows XP Home screen with the green school bar that goes back and forth across the screen, then the green light on the KDS Visual Sensations 7i monitor turns off, I hear a weird noise, as if the "monitor is powering down" then the green light just flickers on and off every few seconds.

What is the cause of this?

The only thing that I did, was uninstalled Creative Audigy from the Add/Remove Programs, it asked me to reboot, so I said, Sure why not....now it wont get past the Windows loading screen. It doesnt get to the Login screen, the monitor goes black after the Windows XP Home loading screen.

* r00ted hopes it doesnt require a nother ****in format.....

2. r00ted

r00ted Thread Starter

Okay......right now I managed to boot into safe Mode as Administrator. Should I be there as Administrator, or as "Carl L****" which is the user who I previously was logged in as?

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Please spare us the asterisks and the clever :rolleyes: spelling in the future.

If it were my system I'd go for a System Restore.

4. r00ted

r00ted Thread Starter

Alright, the system restore ended up working...but still unsure what happened hehe.

As far as the spelling? What's wrong with it? The only thing I seemed to have misspelled was nothjing

Sorry.

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Glad to hear S/R worked for you; the spelling referred to the things I edited; phonetics as a substitute for literal spelling just offends the same people.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165027

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice