(Resolved) mpoai9.dll error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JessAnn

When opening office programs (word and excel) user recieve the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Applications Data\Microsoft\AddIns\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Geography\mpoai9.dll' is not a valid Office add-in.

OK is the option, and when clicked, the requested document opens.

This appears to be a MapPoint addin, but when I try to remove the add in, there are none listed. Any thoughts?

JessAnn

That is one of the things that I tried, yes. But when I get to the Add-In box, it is empty making it difficult to remove and get rid of the error.

Also tried removing the MapPoint Add-In directory in the registry, after rebooting, it shows up again.

I'm afraid I haven't used Add-Ins enough to be of much more help. :(

Have you tried to re-install the Add-In and then trying to remove it?

JessAnn

It is a MapPoint add-in from what I can tell, and the user does not have MapPoint installed. Nor do we wish to install MapPoint.

JessAnn

After talking at lenght with Microsoft, we did the following to correct the mpoai9.dll error:

Saved the current registry.
Opened the registry
Find: mpoai9.dll
Deleted (from the right side) all values with the error.
Worked!

I found the errors under the follwing:
Outlook
Visio
Word
Powerpoint
Excel
Internet Explorer
Publisher

I was also getting a Windows Installer when opening an Office application; that was corrected by reinstalling Office.

Thanks! I hope this helps someone as much as it has for me! :D :D :D

Thank you thank you thank you...:) :) :)

It worked for me also - 6 months I have put up with this error

Many thanks

Mark(y)

mpoai9.dll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online