1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Mshtml.dll

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Hamill, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hamill

Hamill Thread Starter

Hi,
    I can not get this error to og away.
    After a new install I attempt to click on an icon, my docs,my computer, and I get the following error:

Explore has caused an error in mshtml.dll. Explorer will now close.
    If you continue to experience this problem try restarting your pc.

I am running windows ME. 256 MB ram, on board video sharing 32 mb. DVD,CDRW, 30 gig hd. On board lan, amr modem.

I have replaced the following hardware,system board, memory,hard drive, cpu, and disconnected the modem.

What is this thing???
    Thanks,
    Hamill

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Errors involving that particular .dll are known to occur with the version of IE that ships with Windows ME though they usually occur while browsing the net. Assuming you are able to connect to the net with that PC, first try installing the most recent version of IE, version 5.50 SP2 from <a href=http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/recommended/ie55sp2/download.asp> here</a>.

Let us know what happens.

3. Hamill

Hamill Thread Starter

It ended up being the hard drive causing this error. Even though the drive passed diags it still caused this error and registry errors. Of course it was the last thing I replaced!
    Hamill

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice