1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] My Pic Folder script error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Glynda333, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Glynda333

Glynda333 Thread Starter

Whenever I open my pic folder I keep getting this script error: Line:103 Char: 13 Error: Wiamgrdevice.length is null or not an object Code: 0 Url: file ://c:windows/web/imgview.htt I have DLed the latest IE, tweakui and spybot. I have checked script dbug and unchecked display notification. I have also registered regsvr32 webvwdll, tried registering regsvr32 wiascr.dll but get an error:Load library ("wiascr.dll") failed. Get last error returns 0x00000485. I've read a ton of forums, message boards, etc to find a solution to this problem but have had no luck yet. I have windows ME and an HP pavilion computer. I get an occasional script error on web sites but they're not as annoying as the pic folder because I have to keep clicking yes a dozen times. Please can someone help??

2. Balzac

Balzac Guest

3. Glynda333

Glynda333 Thread Starter

That's why I DLed TweakUI because I saw a suggestion somewhere that it would fix the script problem but it didn't.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If it's not a TweakUI problem but you have Active Desktop enabled, just disable Active Desktop. It's useless and buggy.

The option is enabled/disabled by right clicking on the desktop and selecting Active Desktop > View as Webpage. Remove the check for "View as Webpage" to disable it.

Also what happens if you create another folder for your pics, do you still get the error when you transfer them in to it? You may need to uncheck "view as web page" and "thumbnails" to stop the error temporarily.

I've seen a few strange errors related to the thumbs.db file in picture folders. This is a hidden system file and you must have those options configured to display them in Folder Options > View to find the file. Try renaming it thumbs.xx -- it will be recreated. It should also be recreated if you move pictures to another folder (but you will have to enable "thumbnails" in the right click > Properties dialog for this and then select the option from the View menu). Do it a little at a time to test whether the problem is related to a corrupt picture.

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

In addition:
    This file should be registerable. Do a file search to see if it is there. If missing, you will need to replace it.

6. Glynda333

Glynda333 Thread Starter

O.k. I made a new file and that works, no more script errors(thank you very much!) but I have another problem. The my picture folder was a screen saver and now I don't know how to make the new folder a screen saver. Any suggestions? And how do I delete the my picture screen saver from the list of screensavers? Also I searched for the file and it is missing. Where can I get that? And will it make the script errors go away if I put the pics back in the my picture folder? Thanks

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Glynda the only thing I know about that (never done it myself) is the option is selectable by right clicking the Desktop, selecting 'properties' > 'screen saver' > screen saver list > My Pictures Slide Show.

I would think if the new folder name is the same as the old one, it should work. You must rename the old folder before you can rename the new one. It should be in the same directory, so that the path to it is the same.

8. Glynda333

Glynda333 Thread Starter

I tried naming the new folder the same but it didn't work. Also I couldn't find the old my pictures folder in the recycle bin, where did it go? I can't rename it now.

9. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I don't know where the old folder could have gone if you did not empty the recyle bin or move it some place else (you could do a file search for My Pictures), but from what I can tell it really shouldn't make any difference. I don't have WinME, but XP gives the same screen saver options.

Once you select "My Pictures Slide Show", click the "Settings" button right next to it and browse to the folder you want to use for the slide show to select it. Try the "Preview" option to verify it is functional.

10. Glynda333

Glynda333 Thread Starter

Thank you so very much Rolling Rog, everything is working again without the script errors! I was at my wits end. I have a question for Mosaic1, I did a file search for the missing file-regsvr32 wiascr.dll and I don't have it. Do you know where I can DL it?

11. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

12. Glynda333

Glynda333 Thread Starter

Yes I do have it and thanks.

13. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You are very welcome :)

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice