Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

(Resolved) NAV2001 liveupdate suddenly stopped functioning.

923 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dane00 
#1 ·
I have NAV2000 over which I installed a 30day trial version of NAV2001. I ran liveupdate after NAV2001 installation and was able to download the virus definitions, but after that liveupdate aborted. Since then whenever I try liveupdate the following error appears-

"Liveupdate could not create a temporary directory

Liveupdate could not create a directory to store temporary files.
Make sure you have create and write access to the windows 95\98 All users directory or the windows NT0 profiles directory."

I tried reinstalling NAV2001 with no result. I uninstalled NAV2001 and reinstalled my licenced copy of NAV2000 still the same problem occurs. There was no problem with NAV2000 earlier. I checked the C:\windows\allusers directory but to my knowledge there is no access block to the folder. There is no other problem with the antivirus software. My system details are-
PIII 600MHz, 64MB Ram, 10Gb HDD, win98se(OS)

Can anybody throw some light on this?
Thanx in anticipation.

PS: I downloaded the latest version of liveupdate and tried installing it. But installation aborts saying that error 9 occured.(Whatever it means)

See less See more
#2 ·
I would strongly suggest you post this problem on Symantec's (Norton) free Tech Support board. Then one of Symantec's techs will help you fix it.
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/

Go to that link and put in your product. On the next page click on 'Contact Options' and then on the next page click on "contact a technician for.....continue to free ask Symantec online" and then post your question on the board there.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.