1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) Nero burnt data disc...installation application not found

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by FinestRanger, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FinestRanger

FinestRanger Thread Starter

OK. I've tried 3 times and wasted 3 CD-R's. I'm trying, with Nero, to burn a data CD: just a bunch of jpg's and freeware. I've read that Burn4Free (the 1.0 release, as I've heard the others contain spyware) can cause conflicts, so I uninstalled Burn4Free. I check the box for "verify written data" in Nero; But I still get an error message after trying to Add/Remove programs through Windoze. (Sorry to make this so long) I just inserted the Data Cd I tried to burn. "Windows can perform the same action each time u insert a disk or connect a device with this kind of file." Pictures. I select "take no action". Fast forward to "Windows cannot find the installation program..." I can Browse for the install program, but I don't have the slightest idea where to look. Any ideas? I'm running XP Home. Thanks!

2. Sponsor

3. FinestRanger

4. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

..not quite sure what you're asking,
    ..but here goes anyway,
    ..you can't COPY an application, [i guess you already know that], but if what you want to do is INSTALL a program from the cd you've burnt,
    ..just go to my computer, double left click the cd reader, the cd 'opens' showing you the files you've got there, double left click on the dot exe just as you would if it was in a downloaded folder on your hard drive,

..the jpgs you can just drag'n'drop into paint or whatever photo editing program you usually use, then save them to a folder on your hard drive, or, just copy them to a folder on your hard drive from the cd,

..remember though, when you've burnt something to a cd, the properties get changed to a 'read only', so you'll need to change that,

..if this wasn't what you were asking, post back, we'll see if we can't have another go at it,

hope this helped,
    have a good day,
    daniel_b23804

5. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

If Nero is installed properly, the file the system is looking for is "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\nero.exe". When it prompts you to browse for the application, go there.

You may have to reinstall Nero for it to work correctly.

6. FinestRanger

yea, I just reinstalled it...said P*** on it. :D It's working fine now. Should've just reinstalled from the start. Thanks for the input though!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/178922