{RESOLVED}Netscape trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gary16735

Am running Windows ME. The following two messages have appeared at separate times:
Netscape has caused the following error:
NPSWF32.DLL
FULLSOFT.DLL
What are they and where did they originate?
Have my anti virus updated and ad-aware current.
All files have been cleaned and trash disposed of.
Any ideas or advice wouyld be appreciated. Thanks, Gary16735

NPSWF32.DLL is listed as the shockwave flash plug in for netscape.
FULLSOFT.DLL is also a Netscape file.

Do you have the full text of the error messages? Were they Invalid Page Faults?

Gary16735

The only thing else it stated was that if this problem exists, Netscape will be shut down or words to this effect. Garhy

If it happens again, make a note of the exact error message and what you are doing at the time. What else is running in the background. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to get that information.

Gary16735

Got my problem solved. Had a conflict with Netscape. Deleted the problem and now everything work great. Thanks for the help. Gary

Gary16735,

Can you please tell what the trouble was and what you did to fix it so others will know?

This is from here:
http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/nscleaninstall.html#ci

I also delete the FullSoft/Talkback Agent files:
fullsoft.dll . . Or . . rename to: fullsoft.bad
talkback.exe
talkback.hlp
talkback.cnt
These files are used to report your errors to Netscape. However, they seem to create more havoc than the intended cure!

Gary16735

Sorry I didn't explain what I did. A combination of things. The message I got was this:
Netscape has caused an error in
FULLSOFT.DLL
Netscape will now close
If you continue to experience problems,
try restarting your computer.

lst - I deleted Netscape 4.7 except for Communicator as I still use this as my email source. I switched to IE as my browser.
2nd - I went into program/Netscape Communicator/Utilities/Netscape Quality Feed Back Agent/settings and chose "turn agent off".

I have been told that this was the conflict in Netscape with 4.76 and 6.2. Am not sure this is correct but hopefully everything is okay and it sure works much better.
Gary

Thanks

The Netscape Quality Feed Back Agent has always been trouble and it goes back to 4.0.

It never did work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online