1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Network Card DLL Problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by xico, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xico

xico Thread Starter

After I installed the crad, a D-Link DFE530TX+, the puter asked me to put the Win98 CD in the CD Rom drive, and then it tells me that I don't have DHCPCSVC.DLL on the Win98se CD. How do I go about finding this dll?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    It is on the W98SE CD. It's in Net7.cab

When it's prompting you, click on Browse and drill down til you have it looking in that .cab file on the CD for the .dll

Let us know what happens.

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

is this an old or new nic card?

was there an install disk/cd for the card? if so use it.

4. xico

xico Thread Starter

Thank you, Bryan! I'm gona crank her back up right now, and get it! (y) :D I'll let you know what happens regardless. Thanks. (y)

5. xico

xico Thread Starter

Got it Bryan! Got it! I'm on line again. Thanks!

This is the second time my network card got blown out by lightening. Took the dogs for a walk, and about a half a block away there was a blast of lightening that freaked the poor dogs out. When I got back, I was off line again. Just burns the card, tho, nothing else. (y) (y) :D

6. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Your welcome, glad to hear your ok now.

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Surge protector? Or backup power supply? Not sure if that would help? Do you leave the system on during the storm?

8. xico

xico Thread Starter

I have a surge protector, but I've been seriously thinking about getting the backup power supply. No, I don't leave it on during a storm any more--when it gets close. But we have storms every day. That's Florida. A shower for a half hour or an hour, and then sunshine. Sometimes the storms come up so fast that if I'm out walking the dog, I'll get caught in the rain. The last time the thunder was so loud that Lilly must have jumped a foot off the ground. She's not afraid of firecrackers--normally--but she headed for home after that clap of thunder. I could barely keep up with her.

But I guess that's what I have to do, get a backup power supply.

Thanks, Candy. (y) :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269152

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice