1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Networking Win98 to WinXP

Discussion in 'Networking' started by darnold, Dec 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. darnold

darnold Thread Starter

Im having a bit of a problem... I would like to connect to a Win98 machine with my WinXP machine and Vice Versa... Is there a way I can do it... I can connect Win2000 and WinXP together but I just can seem to get Win98 to do the same...

Thanks!

2. Hawkeye1068

Hawkeye1068

You can if all of your networking protocols are the same tcp/ip settings, the same newtork or workgroup name and if you login to the computers, you must use the admin login. Hope that helps and Happy holidays.

3. Jtoast

Jtoast

Easiset way to set up a basic peer to peer between 98 and XP is to run the network setup wizard on the xp machine..then take the cd and put it in the 98 machine and run the network setup wizard again.

reboot and then see what happens.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Requested "closed" and I will mark as "resolved".

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

It also would be nice to know how and if the poster solved the question posed :confused:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/109296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice