{RESOLVED}New Pc with buffer under runs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

benmp3master2

I have purchased a new pc. A 1.4 gighertz And Athlon 128 mb ram and 40 gig hd. I took my Hewlet packard cd burner out of my old machine and installed into the new pc. It will not work. All I get is buffer under run errors when I try to burn anything with it. Also the mother board is a SIS M810LR if that helps. I am runing Win ME. Thanks
Ben

First step is to make sure your software and firmware are updated so they will work on your new system and OS.

If you are still having problems and the MB has a Via chipset, download the latest 4 in 1 driver patch from Via. Sometimes helps with burners.

Hopefully the burner is on the same ide as the device your trying to copy from. Generally better on secondary and not with hard drive.

If slipes recommendations don't cure it go to device manager, if dma is checked on the burner uncheck it.

Limit programs running while burning to avoid bus congestion.

benmp3master2

I have Adaptec Easy Cd Creator 4 it is up to date as well. How can I tell if I have the Via chip set? Thanks

benmp3master2

Buffer under run fixed. DMA had to be enabled on the source cd rom. After I enabled it my buffer did not get any lower that 97% :) Thanks for all the help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online