{RESOLVED}onboard graphics diabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zoomick

Im trying to install a geforce2 mx 32, my mobo is a socket A m810 series, the onboard gfx is sis630/730, I have disabled the hardware profile for this device in device manager and now I dont know how to get the onboard gfx back, I thought I had the correct driver for geforce but the ones from nvidia site all say corrupt.
on boot up I get the memory run then just before the windows interface it goes to black screen with a "dash" prompt and hangs there, obviously no gfxs, any clues on enabling the gfx again would be appreciated, o/s win me.

zoomick

further to my question, does anybody know where I can get the driver for the geforce2 ?, I get a corrupt message with the one from nvidia,and then prompts me to try downloading it again , but it still states corrupt ?

Try starting up in safe mode

To start Windows Me in Safe mode, press and hold down the CTRL key while you restart your computer, and then choose Safe Mode on the Windows Me Startup menu.

zoomick

You are a star brianf, gfx back up and running, also got the geforce driver that is corrupt free, can't thank you enough, cheers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts