1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}one Computer on Peer to Peer can't see others

Discussion in 'Networking' started by CirceD, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CirceD

CirceD Thread Starter

I had added an XP computer to the peer to peer I have running and noe the Laptop cannot see others on the LAN. Every PC EXCEPT the XP can see the Laptop.
    TCPIP, NETBUI, Computer Workgroups names and dirvers have been set and checked. All computers have the same settings. The new xp can see the others. The laptop used to see the others. Now it does not. I removed the XP from the LAN but no change.

2. onedavester

onedavester

Just a thought. Sometimes the simple things can be overlooked. I have a 5 pc tcp/ip network myself and I was having trouble with one particular pc like you. I found out that the patch cable was only making contact on three wires. You have nothing to lose, try a different cable and see if that helps. Some cables have bad ends right out of the box.

3. CirceD

CirceD Thread Starter

Yes, It was something simple. The router needed to be rebooted. All the PCs are seeing each other now. Thanks for your reply.

4. onedavester

onedavester

N/P... Glad your up and running again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice