1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Open URL In New IE6 Window

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Cyber_Tech, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cyber_Tech

Cyber_Tech Thread Starter

Heres one for you all, :D

When i select Start,Run and type in a URL i want to goto, it opens the URL in the last open IE6 window, but i want it to open in a new window all ways. Any Ideas??? :confused:

I know they may be some reg hack but dunno what???

Cheers and Have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

and Iam using WinXP Pro

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    I've seen conflicting results with this in different versions of IE but I do know this works with IE 5.01 SP2. I don't have IE 6 in front of me right now but I seem to remember they did include that option in IE 6.

In IE click on Tools>InternetOptions>Advanced, scroll down and uncheck "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts". Click on Apply.

Let us know what happens.

3. buck52

buck52 Banned

I have 98SE-IE5.01 SP2 and XP Home-IE6

"In IE click on Tools>InternetOptions>Advanced, scroll down and uncheck "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts". Click on Apply."

works in both for me

buck

4. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    As usual, thanks Buck ...... :)

5. buck52

buck52 Banned

Your welcome :)

PS I see you changed back to Secretariat...Did the Ravens fall from your good graces :)

buck

6. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    No, not at all. If I'd given up on them every time they threw in a stinker last year during the regular season, I'd would have pretty sorry during their Super Bowl run. I'll put the Ravens avatar back on when the playoffs start. I just wanted something different for a few weeks.

BTW, I see your from Massachusetts. The Patriots are pretty amazing this year. They remind a lot of the Ravens last year. I like teams like the Patriots that play hard and come from nowhere just like the Ravens did last year. The national media have their darlings like the Raiders, Packers, Dolphins, Steelers, Rams, etc... that they just about cry on the air if they see them lose. I love to see them dejected and disappointed when teams like the Patriots and Ravens do well. They just can't stand it. Anyway, have a good holiday ......

7. buck52

buck52 Banned

Bryan

Good Holidays to you also

I always have liked rooting for the noname/underdogs/go-nowheres

It is good to see the Patriots doing well. Always thought Bloodsoe was a little overrated.( guess that's being shown this year). I keep waiting for them to do there best Red Sox imitation :)

buck

8. Cyber_Tech

Cyber_Tech Thread Starter

Nice one guys looks like you've cracked it.

Thanks again

Merry Crimbo

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice