1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] open with problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by blactruck, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blactruck

blactruck Thread Starter

Recently I left clicked on a file and the "open with " screen came up as usuall. I wasn,t paying attention to what I was doing and tried to open in a program that does not support the file. I must have had the box checked that says "always open with this program".because it now always tries to open in this program. How do I undo this?

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Go back and do the same thing again, this time choosing the program you want to use to open this file type.

OR if it's a filetype you are not supposed to view, like a dat go to Folder Options>File Types and remove that file type from the list. Windows will know how to use the file. Post back with details if you are not sure what to do.

3. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

Highlight the file you want to open. Hold down the shift key and right click on it, you should get the option to 'open with', make sure the box isn't checked until you know what program you need to use to open it with.

:)

4. blactruck

blactruck Thread Starter

I tried the tip from Lady Lisa and it worked . Wnen I try the first tip "open with" is no longer a choice. THANKS AGAIN!!!

5. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

You're welcome. Good little trick to know :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice