{RESOLVED}Out of memory for DOS progs?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BotD

I've been having problems running DOS programs; every time I try to I get an Out of memory error message. I don't see how this could really be the problem, since I've got 768MB RAM and usually only have explorer and systray running. This is on 98SE. Any ideas?

(edit) Forgot to mention; this is a fresh install of 98. I hoped that reinstalling would fix the problem, but apparently not... (/edit)

BotD

config.sys and autoexec.bat aren't loading any drivers, as far as I can see. Here's all that's in em:
config.sys
SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM C:\ /E:4096 /P

autoexec.bat
SET PATH=C:\WINDOWS.001;C:\WINDOWS.001\COMMAND;C:\Perl\bin\;%PATH%

Would adding

device=c:\windows\himem.sys
device=c:\windows\emm386.exe noems
dos=high,umb
devicehigh=c:\windows\command\drvspace.sys /move

help at this point? They're listed in that MS link you posted...

these should

device=c:\windows\himem.sys
device=c:\windows\emm386.exe noems
dos=high,umb

I stay away from anything that says drivespace, if your not using disk compression leave it out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online