1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) Outlook 2000 - Quick Send

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AirPolgas, Sep 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AirPolgas

AirPolgas Thread Starter

After composing a message, I used to be able to do an ALT+S and the message immediately gets sent out.

For the past three days, and I am really not sure what caused it, now I have to do an ALT+S, ENTER before the messege goes out.

Any ideas on how to get the ENTER command out?

------------------
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison on South Park

2. Sponsor

3. RandyG

RandyG

Go to Tools, Options, Mail Delivery Tab, and make sure the checkbox for "Send message immediately when connected" is checked!

Hope that helps. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by RandyG (edited 09-19-2000).]

4. AirPolgas

AirPolgas Thread Starter

That is my current setting...

------------------
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison on South Park

5. RandyG

RandyG

Sorry Airpolgas, I started making assumptions. What exactly is popping up, that you have to hit enter? I was assuming it was a box stating something like " Do you want to send the message now?"

6. AirPolgas

AirPolgas Thread Starter

Thanks RandyG.

Actually nothing is popping up. If you look at the message window, the word Send has "S" underlined. Before, when I do ALT+S, it will automatically send the message. Now After the ALT+S, it will just highlight the SEND button, and then I have to do an ENTER in order to depress it. I really did not know what caused tha change. I have been sending like that for over 7 months now. Then just last week, I have to hit ENTER.

Very, very minor, but a curious problem for me.

------------------

7. RandyG

RandyG

Interesting! I can use the command the way you want to in OE, but I get the same necessity to hit enter in Outlook 2000. I don't know what else to try, except to say that you can hit CTRL + Enter to send mails.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by RandyG (edited 09-21-2000).]

8. AirPolgas

AirPolgas Thread Starter

CTRL+ENTER....

Woo-hoo!!

Thanks.

------------------

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/37450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice