1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) Outlook Express stall

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by skyman, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skyman

skyman Thread Starter

For about 3 days each time I open OE I get this message and cannot download messages. I can X out and get them but I would like to know how to get rid of it.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.dejazz.com', Server: 'pop.dejazzd.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Skyman
    I have seen this occurring on other peoples machines and in all cases it was the E-Mail server. Give it a few more days and if it doesn't clear then contact your ISP and see if they have other occurrences of this reported.

Dave

3. skyman

skyman Thread Starter

Thanks, I called my ISP and they changed my settings but it is still happening. I will give it some more time.

It has happened before and then gone away. Just wondered why it happens...

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

skyman
    Usually has to do with the Security part of the E-Mail server in confirmation of name and password.

Dave

5. skyman

skyman Thread Starter

It just went away on it's on accord...

Thanks for your advice...

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

Skyman
    Glad all is well again! To bad ISP's are not up front with their customers concerning these issues. It is understandable to deny a problem when it is just surfacing and not understood but once it is discovered a post on their technical part of the website should be in order!

Take care

Dave

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice