[RESOLVED] PC Health... Do I need it? (Windows ME)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheEvilDude

Ok i know what it is and what it does... but my dad doesn't like it on our computer because it makes it run aver few hours... Can you tll me if i need it on the computer or should i somehow take it off?

I use:
a Pentium III Processer
Dell OptiPlex GX1
design for a Windows Nt or 98
1 Hardrive
1 CD-Rom
1 Floopy
A flat computer not a tower.

Im just specifying what my copmuter is because i dont know if ill have to list it later. If you can help me out i would be thankful.

To all who help,
Thanks.

Hi TheEvilDude,
Go to start, run, type msconfig
Hit ok
Click on the startup tab
Uncheck PC Health, hit apply and ok reboot. That will stop it from running at startup.

Bryan

Bryan
The link below explains what PC Health does in Windows ME. It's up to you if you can live without it. PC Health does add overhead to a PC and can cause it to run slower. But if the PC runs to your satisfaction, then I'd say leave it running. If it's slower than you'd like, try turning if off and see if that helps. Personally, I turn it off on any PCs that I deal with that have ME installed.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;267952

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online