1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[RESOLVED] PC Health... Do I need it? (Windows ME)

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by TheEvilDude, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheEvilDude

TheEvilDude Thread Starter

Ok i know what it is and what it does... but my dad doesn't like it on our computer because it makes it run aver few hours... Can you tll me if i need it on the computer or should i somehow take it off?

I use:
    a Pentium III Processer
    Dell OptiPlex GX1
    design for a Windows Nt or 98
    1 Hardrive
    1 CD-Rom
    1 Floopy
    A flat computer not a tower.

Im just specifying what my copmuter is because i dont know if ill have to list it later. If you can help me out i would be thankful.

To all who help,
    Thanks.

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi TheEvilDude,
    Go to start, run, type msconfig
    Hit ok
    Click on the startup tab
    Uncheck PC Health, hit apply and ok reboot. That will stop it from running at startup.

3. TheEvilDude

Thank you but...

i still dont know if i NEED it. is it REQUIRED on my PC?

4. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    The link below explains what PC Health does in Windows ME. It's up to you if you can live without it. PC Health does add overhead to a PC and can cause it to run slower. But if the PC runs to your satisfaction, then I'd say leave it running. If it's slower than you'd like, try turning if off and see if that helps. Personally, I turn it off on any PCs that I deal with that have ME installed.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;267952

5. TheEvilDude

Thank you.

This Post has been Solved.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice