1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] pc not co-opreating {subseven trojan}

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by brddog, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brddog

brddog Thread Starter

I ran the norton anti virus scan and it told me that i had a virus. It could not repair it so I told it to delete it. Now I get a message cannot findC:/nyqqchnsml.exe. consequently I am unable to do almost anything. I cannot get it to shut down with out ctrl-alt-delete. Even then it will not shut down in dos mode. I also can not get into my email.

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

brddog
    Can you remember or can you find out which virus it was that you had so I or someone can find more details to help you?
    Dave

3. brddog

brddog Thread Starter

I don't remember exactly. It was something like seven22 . I didn't write it down at the time. I don't know exactly why I was able to go online. When I tried early it just gave the can not find message.

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

5. brddog

brddog Thread Starter

Yes that looks like the message it gave.

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

brddog
    If you are positive this is what you saw then proceed with the virus removal proceedure listed in the removal section of the
    Symantec link. If you are not sure then let me ask for help from someone else that is more knowlegeable in viruses.
    Let me know.
    Dave

7. brddog

brddog Thread Starter

I ran a search for the backdoor.subseven.22a program as it instructed in the removal section.
    I did not find any programs named any of these. I tried to run the Norton program and it said that the nqqchnsml.exe. file is needed to open files type "APPLICATION"

8. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Hi brddog, I think Norton probably removed the trojan but did not repair the registry.

Download the Rx-pack from the site below, unzip it and run the exefix08 file.

If you still have problems or are wondering if there is anything Norton missed, also run the Startuplog.com file and copy/paste the contents of Startuplog.txt to your next reply (not stubbpaths.txt).

http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/Toys.html

If you need unzipped versions of those files use the ONLY IE link at the bottom of the Toys page.

I'm going to move the thread to the Security forum.

9. brddog

brddog Thread Starter

I am sorry. I haven't been able to get online until this morning. I tried to download the files that you suggested, but I can't get them to open. I get the same message. can not find nyqqchnsml.exe. file.

10. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If you can't open the zip files, try any or all of the unzipped versions of exefix08 from here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/Only_IE.html

It may be more desirable to right click on the download link and select "save target as" to make sure you have the opportunity to specify where they will be saved.

11. brddog

brddog Thread Starter

Hooray
    I finally did get the file open and it seems to have fixed everything. I certainly appreciate the time and effort you have put forth in helping me.

Thank You
    Dave

12. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Glad to hear it :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice