1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Printer Config. Delay

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by john26830, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. john26830

john26830 Thread Starter

Whenever I print from Win XP to my HP officejet 630 it does this reconfiguration test which takes about a minute before it starts the actual print job. In the config process I get "testing port" "deleting demo page" retrieving settings" checks speed dial" etc.. Is there a setting that's wrong. When it prints it does ok and when it's done I get a message "disconnecting printer"
    Any info on this... TIA

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

John
    This is quite an unusual problem. It suggests there may be a driver problem associated with it. If one of the print drivers is corrupt you could experience unusual problems such as this.
    I am stabbing in the dark at this one but would suggest downloading and installing the updated driver package for the 630 running on WinXP. Remove the current drivers through device manager and reinstall the new package, restart system and see if problem is gone. If problem still persists you may want to uninstall the 3 in 1 630 and its associated drivers and reinstall software and the new package of drivers.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Here is the driver location. Click here for HP 630 XP drivers
    Dave

3. john26830

john26830 Thread Starter

davey7549 Thanks !! I uninstalled the drivers & reinstalled everything as you said, and now when I send something to the printer it starts right away. Thanks Again. :)

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

John
    Glad to see you got it resolved. I'll have this problem marked solved.
    Have a good day!
    Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice