[Resolved] Problems w/content Advisor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tolkin

Hey boy's and girl's ,
I just started getting this Msg every time I start IE.
"Content Advisor
Please check your content Advisor settings for missing information. Click the tool's menu and then click internet options. On the content tap, check the content advisor settings"

Now I did that and this is what happens. the content advisor setting is Enabled so the word (disable) is the option at hand. I click on it and nothing happend.
I ran Ad-ware , and Norton Antivirus scan and nothing came up.
I also ran regClean 4.1. same nothing.
any Ideas? ? ?
I'm have a WinMe Box
p.s some time ago I had problems with booting my computer, everytime I did in the middle of it I got an error msg saying that the cd drives couldn't be found. so it booted up showing only my hard drive's. then a few boot's later it booted up in emergensy boot and since then that's what it dose every time and like that it finds all my drives.
I think my problem is that I need to wipe the bloddy thing clean and restart this mess.
also since I insatalled ZoneAlarm it keep's blocking contection to a cite with upc connection if anybody knows what that's about.
that's it for now , I have more problems for later
thanx

Tolkin

that did the trick.
I renamed ratings.pol to ratings.old
whent into content advisor settings redid the settings and IE created a new ratings.pol and now I don't get the error MSG.
thank you so mutch.

I had the exact problem this weekend. Fortunately I discovered your web site and found that you had solved Tolkin's problem.

I too renamed the ratings.pol file and the problem disappeared.

Thank you. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online