1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Problems with system reload

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kells5231, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kells5231

kells5231 Thread Starter

I have a Compaq Presario 2100 and I'm running Windows XP. I was having a lot of problems with running programs and other such things and I think that I loaded the Service Pack 2. So I did a system restore on my computer and the first time that it tried to restart after the restore it said that it couldn't run windows because Windows/system32/config was either corrupted or missing. And then it didn't give me any choice except to repair. When I went into repair it was over my head. So I redid the system restore because I figured that it didn't work properly. Now after the system restore it will boot the computer and then have a blank screen and then after a few seconds it will shut down and reboot again. Any help that you can give me would be so wonderful. Thank you!

2. Dan O

Dan O

You first need to disable the Auto Reboot so you can find the problem. Select Start, Right click My Computer, and select Properties. Select the Advanced tab and Settings button for Starup and Recovery. Then uncheck the option. Next post what next happens so we have more to work with.

3. kells5231

kells5231 Thread Starter

I can't even get into a windows screen. All it does is has the compaq screen then i get the windows xp screen, then a blank screen. Once it stays on the blank screen it shuts down and reboots. That's all that it does....thanks for your help

4. kells5231

kells5231 Thread Starter

Okay not to jinx myself...but i think that it may be working. I just finished another system restore and it's doing more than it did earlier, but I will let you know if goes haywire again :D

5. kells5231

kells5231 Thread Starter

Okay i got to the system setup and through the login for my computer. Now it gives me a message that says that Windows explorer has encountered a problem and is unable to load. I just got a message that says that windows could not load the installer for monitor. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance. Now I really don't know what's going on

6. Dan O

Dan O

Try to Run: SFC /SCANNOW

It will check the system files and replace missing and damage ones.

7. kells5231

kells5231 Thread Starter

took it to best buy where i bought it and the hard drive is shot....so it wasnt the software...thanks for the help

8. Dan O

Dan O

Thanks for letting us know. I will mark your thread resolved.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice