{RESOLVED}Re: Windows 95 Fresh Install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Styxx

Banned
How do I install a full or any version of Win95 without having DOS installed first? I have both full and upgrade versions.
:)

Max19

Account Disabled
Boot form a Windows 98 boot disk.
If you don't have one, download one here:
www.bootdisk.com

Choose the option to start with CD-ROM support. Put your Windows 95 CD in the drive. Run Setup.exe from the Windows 95 CD.

You don't need dos to install win95, just use a win98 startup disk for cdrom support and it should install just fine.

Styxx

Banned
Tnx to Brian and Max 19. Brian do you mean with a Win98 Startup disk and a Full or upgrade version of Win95? I am adept at installing Windows fresh (install 98 with a Win95 CD for proof Win Me with a with a Win98 disk for proof) but I've tried to install Win95 fresh before and I got 'no DOS' tyype errors even with the full version. Maybe I shoulda wrote the error mewssage down. Not stuck just asking for future reference.

I tried to fresh install a Win95 upgrade and it said I needed DOS 5 or higher. Can you help?

Styxx, Go my web site and follow the directions for installing windows. I have a very detailed instructions you can print out and follow.

As Brian said you will need a boot up disk with win98 because it has the cd drivers on it.

http://www.rselby.com/Windows.html#13

Good luck, actually it is very easy to do.

Styxx

Banned
I don't know what the error was. I've installed OS's clean a lot. Problem solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online