1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) Recycle Bin bypassed w/o Consent

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Boo_Compaq, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boo_Compaq

Boo_Compaq Thread Starter

Well i tried posting in the Win xp forum, but no one has been able to help so far...

http://forums.techguy.org/t217927.html

Basically, i didnt tell windows to bypass my recycle bin and just straight delete, but it is doing it anyways. Ive tried registry fixes, checking settings, ownership (an option i dont have).

Ive tried a lot of things....but i just need to know if anyone has any suggestions, or something that will for sure fix this (i.e. i heard something about using deltree on the recycle bin to fix it...just not sure how to do it or if i should try it)

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Boo
    Have you looked into the possiblilty that the files are actually in the recycle bin but are not being listed.

Have a look at this Webpage and see if the suggested fixes surface a different problem.

Dave

3. Boo_Compaq

Boo_Compaq Thread Starter

First off...its fixed.

lol...well i went to that site before, and used the registry fixes they had on there...they didnt work.

Now i used the no nuke on delete fix, and now the recycle bin works. No clue how it changed in the first place, but glad its fixed now.

Thanx for everyones help :) (especially davey :D)

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

Boo
    Glad all is well now.
    Will consider this matter resolved.

Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice