1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Resizing IE 6.0 Toolbars...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Holly3278, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hello. I currenly have two add-on toolbars installed on Internet Explorer 6.0. The two toolbars are the Ask Jeeves tool bar and the Google toolbar. I find both of these quite useful because I use both of these search engines quite often and I like the convenience of not having to go to the search engines web page to do the search. Also, I enjoy the extra little things that are included with these tool bars. However, they are taking up a little more space than what I would like. I still have plenty of space to view web pages but I could have more space if only I knew how to resize these toolbars. I am wanting to place both of the toolbars on one line so that they do not take up two lines of space. I tried for a few minutes to manipulate them but I have not yet figured it out and so I decided to ask everyone here at techguy if you know of a way to resize these. If there is no way to resize these, then please let me know. I don't want to waste any time trying to figure it out. Well, I look forward to your replys!:confused:

2. Deke40

Deke40

Just grab it with the cursor and then push it up. Then do a right to left or left to right grab and size them. It want be "wasting your time" if you get it right. See the image.

Attached Files:

3. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

I tried doing exactly what you said before I posted this message and it wouldn't work. I don't know if I'm not clicking it right or what but this is really confusing me. I mean, I have plenty of experience with computers and I should have no problem with clicking and dragging whatsoever but apparently it does not want to work for me. Any more suggestions? Oh by the way, I have no idea how that attatchment got put on my post.

4. Deke40

Deke40

Holley3278-I should have ask this earlier. Are you able to move the toolbar at all? If not go to View\Toolbars\and uncheck "Lock the Toolbars" and then try again.

5. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Oh ok, thanks! That solved my problem. I didn't realize that Internet Explorer even had a feature to lock the toolbars. When, I unlocked the toolbars, I was able to move them and resize them. Thank you very much for the help! I can't believe I didn't already know about that!

6. Deke40

Deke40

Your are welcome. Be sure and lock it when you get through. I have messed mine up real bad accidently.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice