1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] runtime error '50003': unexeptected error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gngiskhan, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gngiskhan

gngiskhan Thread Starter

I was surfing the internet yesterday when my computer restarted. When it tried to load windows an error occurred and I had to restart again. It ran scandisk without problems and loade windows. Now whenever I try to run some programs it gives me the error message that I put as the subject to this post. It also won't allow me to access some links. when I try to, nothing happens. So I right click and try to get the properties of the link and nothing happens.

I ran a virii scan using a site called panda and it found nothing.

I'm not sure if this is related or not but would like some advice. I run zonealarm(free version) and it notified me recently that tsadbot.exe was trying to access the internet and that it has before. I didn't allow it to access the internet and I did a file search for it. I found it in c:\programfiles\timesink\adgateway. Inside of this folder are three folders entitled ads, profiles and users along with the tsadbot.exe file. I would just like to know if I should delete it or not. And if it is maybe the cause of my other problem. Thanks in advance.

2. beach51

beach51

Hi gngiskhan,and welcome to TSG.tsadbot is spyware.Timesink is also spyware.Go to this site and download a free program called Ad-aware 5.7.This will scan your computer for spyware componnets and remove most of them for you.

http://www.lavasoftusa.net

3. mtbird

mtbird

Hi gngiskhan.......
    Well, it looks like you have some spyware. Go to this link....
    http://www.cexx.org/tsadbot.htm
    and read all about it. There are manual instructions for removing it, as well.

Hope this helps.

Debe

Edit....beach51 has you on the right track. Be sure to get Adaware.

4. gngiskhan

gngiskhan Thread Starter

hey guys, thanks for the info. Ijust downloaded and ran adaware and it detected exatly 100 spyware components. wow. My next question is, do I remove all of these components? Is it possible that removing some of these files will cause problems or do I just remove all 100.

And also, how likely is it that all of this spyware as anything to do with my runtime error? And if not, does anyone have some info on that?

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

5. beach51

beach51

Anything that Ad-aware finds,go ahead and delete it.Now if the program that you downloaded that put this stuff on your computer,might not work after you delete this stuff.You might have gotten it from a file sharing program like kazza,bearshare,limewire,etc stc.These programs wont run without the spyware.

6. beach51

beach51

7. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Runtime error 50003 usually arises when different versions of the very same *.dll or *.ocx file(s) are present in your system.

You may wish to use Find to locate any instances of duplicate *.dll and *.ocx files.</font>

8. gngiskhan

gngiskhan Thread Starter

Ok I downloaded and ran the file: Msvbvm50.exe which Installs Visual Basic 5.0 run-time Files. (*edit* I got this from the link that beach51 posted.)

Seems to have worked but I will do some more tests to make sure and get back to ya. Thanks so much for the help guys and girls, this site is great and I will be recommending it very highly.

*edit*: Everything I was having problems with is now fixed. Thanks again guys.

9. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Ummm...
    It may not make a difference, yet, but the latest version, which has been out for quite some time now, like, a year or two, is VBRun60sp5.exe (Visual Basic Run-times 6.0 Service Pack 5). ;)

support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q290887

Then again, if it ain't broke, anymore... :D</font>

10. beach51

beach51

Gngiskhan,your welcome,glad to hear the problem is solved.:D

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/74869

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice