[Resolved] Scan disk wont complete

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Hi there Im running windowsME and I just cannot get the scan disk to complete its task it just keeps on going continuously and I have shut everything down I can think of,it appears to work ok till the very end and then it starts looking for "lost file fragments" and starts over,it's been ok until now and the only reason I found out was when trying to defrag and it wanted scan disk running first ...any ideas anyone? ....

telecom

You did turn off your screensaver didn't you?

If yes, have you tried running it in Safe Mode?

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Do you know I cant be sure now about the sreensaver but sure I did and no not tried it in safe mode never thought of that will try that now thanks for the speedy reply ..........

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Just away to try that now as suggested by thingy earlier Happy New Year to you ........

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Cracked it mate must be one of the quickest fixes in history that it worked a treat thanks a lot and Happy New Year to you and I hope you win the lottery on Saturday too see you ...Bob ....thanks also to Savvy for coming in

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online