1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[resolved]Slammer worm in log file

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by lbb87, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbb87

lbb87 Thread Starter

I seem to have the Slammer-SQL worm in my Sygate Personal Firewall rawlog.log. It looks like I'm gonna have to close/disable the firewall to remove the worm (I'll be disconnected from the internet when I do this). The rawlog.log can't be healed and will have to be deleted, is this file important?

My computer isn't infected, just the file. I don't know what the purpose of the rawlog.log is so when I disable the firewall, will that write anything to the log causing my computer to become infected?

I've never had this particular type of situation before so I figure it's best to be safe/paranoid than sorry.

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

*bump*

3. lbb87

lbb87 Thread Starter

It was a false alarm. Apparently the worm tried to get into my computer but the firewall stopped it and logged the information. The antivirus software then thought that the log file was infected when it wasn't. I opened the firewall and cleared the traffic, security, and packet logs and that took care of it - no more worm.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice