1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) Some privecy-----please.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Mermaid, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mermaid

Mermaid Thread Starter

Does anyone know if it is possible keep messages in a private folder( only open folder with password or such) if 2 people are using Outlook 6. My partener and I both use the same e-mail address, but I would like to keep SOME things private( eg, create new folder, save e-mail to that folder and only I can open , with password). Help,,,, please someone, any sugestions greatly appreciated.

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Mermaid
    When two are using the same E-Mail address there is no way I know of to secure a folder within OE. You can however create a compressed encrypted Password protected folder somewhere else within windows and store your Emails there. If you drag the e-mail from OE and drop on desktop you will get the idea on how to move to another folder. Once dragged to where ever you desire you can delete them from OE were they resided and from the deleted items folder.

Dave

3. Steppinstone

Steppinstone

You could also just create your own account which you can password! Then foward any emails from the shared account into your new passworded account and go back and delete them out of the shared account. Just a thought! Chari

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

There are many free POP3 e-mail service providers. Why don't you both just sign up at one of them?

Then you can keep your mails separate with identities in Outlook Express.

You can sign up for a free POP3 account at http://www.hotpop.com. They give you 10mb for free.

Or with Outlook Express support in hotmail, you can keep separate hotmail accounts and identities. But remember, its not POP3 and so is very slow at times. I would any day prefer HotPOP.

5. Mermaid

Mermaid Thread Starter

Thank you all, Problem Resolved.:)

6. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

How was it solved? Please enlighten the rest of us!! ;)

7. Mermaid

Mermaid Thread Starter

Hi, Have been away for a few days, . The problem was solved very simply, we bought another computer and put in another phone line-----------now I have my computer back ALL THE TIME and don't have to wait until my old dear is finished and I have my private e-mail again. PS I also noticed that HE logs on with a password-------so I can't read his mail!!!, :eek: :rolleyes: I guess we all need some privecy, I also predict that this site will have a new member very soon,:) many thanks for all answers.

8. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice